Educating | Inspiring|Protecting
What We Protect
Support Plastic Oceans Canada with our latest education campaign!
We have created multiple short versions of the award-winning feature documentary A Plastic Ocean that can be implemented into a 1 hour workshop or as part of a multi-lesson plan………….Our graphically engaging educational guide, efficiently and effectively introduces the problem of plastic pollution, encourages students, of all learning groups and ages, to rethink plastic.
In our global work with the film, A Plastic Ocean, we reached hundreds of thousands of school children all over the world – throughout 70 countries and in over 17 languages…Students around the world are learning about our social problems and creatively developing solutions
Plastic Oceans Canada would like to encourage Canadian educators and students to be part of this global movement to solve our Ocean Plastic Pollution problem. Help us educate our next generation!
Support our other various campaigns to activate Canadians to go beyond their own homes and motivate others in their workplaces and communities to “Rethink Plastic” or become an ambassador of our organization
Cheques can be mailed to: Ian Merkel, Treasurer: Plastic Oceans Foundation Canada, 57 East 26th Ave, Vancouver BC Canada V5V 2G6
Canadian Charitable Registration No 74084 6894 RR001
Plastic Oceans Canada is eligible to receive donations from 1% for the Planet member companies, placing us among a diverse, global network of environmental organizations.
Join our mailing list to stay informed of our events and work.
Plastic Oceans Foundation Canada, a Federally Incorporated NFP, and Canadian Registered Charity, is a Plastic Awareness Coalition, utilizing the power of film and other media to educate Canadians to “rethink plastic” and inspire behavioural change. Working in collaboration with like-minded organisations across Canada we are combining efforts to solve a global problem through local action.
We aim to educate Canadians to become plastic literate, so they can make informed decisions about how and when they accept plastic and challenge society’s perception that this indestructible substance can be treated as ‘disposable’.
!we must solve the problem within a generation!
Our Charitable Purposes:
To promote the conservation and protection of the natural aquatic environment in Canada (and the world) for the benefit of the public by educating the public on the dangers of plastic waste by:
- producing and distributing educational films, videos, documents, and other informative materials and resources; and
- presenting lectures, workshops, seminars and group discussions.
To carry out activities ancillary and incidental to the above charitable purposes
“There is no away – because plastic is so permanent and so indestructible. When you cast it into the ocean, it doesn’t go away.”
Sir David Attenborough
- Once in the ocean, plastic litter affects the safety of sea transport, fisheries, tourism and recreation. When broken up into tiny pieces, plastic attracts toxic chemicals released over decades from industry and agriculture, the concentration of which increases as they move up the food chain.
- Exposures to these chemicals have been suggested to contribute to some cancers, and infertility, as well as immune, metabolic, cognitive and behavioural disorders. The entry of plastic pieces into our food chain is of concern to human health.
- With the longest coastline in the world, but several provinces without any ocean borders, we serve all aquatic environments around and within Canada and all the people who rely on and utilize those environments.
Create A Wave Of Change with a Tax Deductible Donation
Canadian Charity Registration No 74084 6894 RR0001
Cheques can be mailed to Ian Merkel, Treasurer, Plastic Oceans Foundation Canada. 57 East 26th Ave Vancouver BC Canada V5V 2G6