All donations to Plastic Oceans Foundation Canada are tax deductible. Your mailing address is required for a valid tax receipt ..Your donation can be allocated to our SCHOOL EDUCATION PROGRAMS with our educational guides or to one of our VARIOUS INITIATIVES. The donation button will allow for 1 of 2 optional choices and an extra note is provided for selecting which initiative to apply your funds to.
Educating | Inspiring|Protecting
We are super excited about our upcoming initiatives, but we need your help to make them a reality. Whether it’s $5, $50, $500 or more, your donation will allow us to expand and launch programs that will truly make a difference in raising awareness about plastic pollution. Together, we can inspire change and foster real solutions!
What We Protect
Join our mailing list to stay informed of our events and work.
Plastic Oceans Foundation Canada, a Federally Incorporated NFP, and Canadian Registered Charity, is a Plastic Awareness Coalition, utilizing the power of film and other media to educate Canadians to “rethink plastic” and inspire behavioural change. Working in collaboration with like-minded organisations across Canada we are combining efforts to solve a global problem through local action.
We aim to educate Canadians to become plastic literate, so they can make informed decisions about how and when they accept plastic and challenge society’s perception that this indestructible substance can be treated as ‘disposable’.
!we must solve the problem within a generation!
Our Charitable Purposes:
To promote the conservation and protection of the natural aquatic environment in Canada (and the world) for the benefit of the public by educating the public on the dangers of plastic waste by:
- producing and distributing educational films, videos, documents, and other informative materials and resources; and
- presenting lectures, workshops, seminars and group discussions.
To carry out activities ancillary and incidental to the above charitable purposes
“There is no away – because plastic is so permanent and so indestructible. When you cast it into the ocean, it doesn’t go away.”
Sir David Attenborough
- Once in the ocean, plastic litter affects the safety of sea transport, fisheries, tourism and recreation. When broken up into tiny pieces, plastic attracts toxic chemicals released over decades from industry and agriculture, the concentration of which increases as they move up the food chain.
- Exposures to these chemicals have been suggested to contribute to some cancers, and infertility, as well as immune, metabolic, cognitive and behavioural disorders. The entry of plastic pieces into our food chain is of concern to human health.
- With the longest coastline in the world, but several provinces without any ocean borders, we serve all aquatic environments around and within Canada and all the people who rely on and utilize those environments.
Create A Wave Of Change with a Tax Deductible Donation
Canadian Charity Registration No 74084 6894 RR0001
(A mailing address is required for a valid tax receipt please enable)
Cheques can be mailed to Ian Merkel, Treasurer, Plastic Oceans Foundation Canada. 57 East 26th Ave Vancouver BC Canada V5V 2G6