Multi-Material BC (MMBC) launched a province-wide, business-funded residential recycling program in May 2014. As a non-profit organization funded by businesses that include retailers, manufacturers and restaurants that supply these materials to B.C. residents – they shifted recycling costs away from homeowners. Their vision: to be a recycling leader –inspiring and accelerating innovation in recycling technology, waste reduction, and packaging design.
Canada has embraced the global #awaveofchange campaign following the successful launch of the Federally Incorporated Canadian Not for Profit branch of Plastic Oceans Foundation (POF Canada) alongside the premiere of A Plastic Ocean in Vancouver on 19th January. At POF Canada, we have been working to connect with all the organisations and individuals across Canada that participated in or have upcoming screenings of the film, across the country, from Vancouver through to Halifax and Quebec.
- Plastic Oceans Canada to partner with ProSanté and their new economically priced bamboo toothbrush SMILE BAMBU
- SWIM AGAINST PLASTIC: EASTER ISLAND
- Plastic Oceans Canada adds Ocean Champions “A Journey into Seas of Plastic” as an education resource on its website.
- Plastic Oceans Canada to participate in Bea Johnson – Zero Waste Talk hosted by The The Soap Dispensary and Kitchen Staples
- Guest post from Tom Szaky – Waste Reduction Week