Multi-Material BC (MMBC) launched a province-wide, business-funded residential recycling program in May 2014. As a non-profit organization funded by businesses that include retailers, manufacturers and restaurants that supply these materials to B.C. residents – they shifted recycling costs away from homeowners. Their vision: to be a recycling leader –inspiring and accelerating innovation in recycling technology, waste reduction, and packaging design.
by Emma Langson
We have to do something, and do it now. We have produced more plastic in the last 10 years than we did in the whole of the last century. Plastic pollution has become a man-made global catastrophe. In a world of convenience living, we’re now so addicted to plastic that we’re drowning in it.
- Jessica Winkler Joins Plastic Oceans Canada as Ambassador
- Joining Forces With the Canadian Wildlife Federation
- 10 THINGS WE LOVE ABOUT “A PLASTIC OCEAN”
- Craig Leeson: My Mind-Blowing U.N. Experience
- Vancouver Aquarium Marine Science Centre First Zoo or Aquarium in Canada to Discontinue Sales of Single-use Plastic Water Bottles